The School of Architecture of Kwansei Gakuin University, located on the Kobe-Sanda Campus in Hyogo, Japan, invites applications for one Instructor of English as a Foreign Language (IEFL) position with a contract date commencing April 1st 2021. Contracts are for one year, renewable by mutual agreement for a maximum of five years (note that applicants who have worked for Kwansei Gakuin University within the six-month period prior to the position start date may have additional contractual restrictions according to the university's “Rules and Regulations for Term Limits on Fixed-term Employment Agreements").
Kwansei Gakuin University, founded by Canadian Methodist missionaries, is one of the top private universities in Japan. The main campus of the university is located in Nishinomiya, between Kobe and Osaka, but the School of Architecture is located on the newer Kobe-Sanda campus(KSC)in Sanda.
2-1 Gakuen, Sanda, Hyogo 669-1337
One position with a contract date commencing April 1st 2021.
April 1, 2021
- 小分野: Applied Linguistics/ESL
- Full-time（Nontenured） Full-time (Nontenured)
2. MA in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or a related field
with experience in EAP/ESP training and/or teaching
3. Interest in teaching architectural English
4. Experience using computer and other audio-visual facilities (preferred)
3. Individual research funds
4. Travel allowance for research related trips
6. Pension, health insurance, rent subsidies (Insurance is extended to dependents living in Japan.)
- 2020/09/02 - 2020/10/26 Deadline for receipt .
1. Curriculum Vitae with your recent photo attached
2. Two referees' names, their affiliation and email address to be
included in the CV (We may contact them before the interview.)
4. Single copies of up to three publications and/or class projects
that has been implemented in your class
*Explain how long the project lasted and what objectives
it aimed at, with feedback or comments attached if any.
5. A statement of applicant's views on teaching and career objectives (800 – 1000 words)
Digital applications are not accepted.
Applicants' privacy will be respected and submitted materials will not be used for any other purposes.
Application materials will not be returned.
The job title “Instructor" corresponds to the job type
“Associate Professor/Lecturer (full-time) level" at Kwansei
Attention: IEFL-JOB 2021
Gakuen 2-1, Sanda City, Japan, 669-1337
Short-listed applicants will be invited for an interview which is due to be held in the afternoon on Saturday, December 12, 2020.
* Please note that the interview may be conducted via Zoom depending on the circumstance.